Raise your hand if you feel personally victimized by quarantine life... Everyone is dealing with this drastic life change differently, and we know that keeping entertained and active can be challenging (because why workout when you can binge-watch Tiger King at 12 p.m.)?
While taking a TV break is definitely OK and often necessary, we also know remaining active and engaged is helpful for physical and mental health. So we’ve rounded up a list of fun quarantine-friendly, active endeavors to do either alone or with your quaranteam.
1. HIIT / Strength Training Workouts. If you’re looking to avoid the quaran15 (yes, it’s a thing), there are so many exercise apps and tutorials offering modified, at-home workouts to keep you happy, healthy, and fit. If your favorite fitness studio has gone dark for the moment, check out fitness influencers on Instagram for workout guides. A few of our favorites are Kayla Itsines, Todd Durkin, and Julian Smith.
2. Dance. Interested in dancing, but worried you’re going to get to a class where everyone is doing the moonwalk and you’re tripping over your two left feet? Now is the PERFECT time to dance like no one’s watching...literally, you’re at home! Try looking up dance tutorials on YouTube, or check out local dance studios as they may be offering live stream classes. This is also a perfect activity for families. Turn it into a competition with killer music, judges, and prizes. Break a leg!
3. Yoga. We can all probably agree, we’re doing a lot of sitting during quarantine (minus our essential workers, who we owe a huge thank you to)! Whether we are working from the comfort of our couch or hunched over a desk, quarantine is leaving us stiff and sore! Yoga is a good way to give your body the TLC it needs during this stationary shutdown. Many yoga apps and studios are offering free or discounted classes for the time being, so take advantage, loosen your body, and clear your mind. #Namaste
4. Art. Sometimes it’s your mind that needs a break, not your body. Art is a good way to escape from reality and is an easy activity to dive into, whether you’re a beginner or expert. Tie-dye is back in style, hello 1960’s - all you need is a kit (you can easily order one from Amazon), and an old white tee. Adult and kid coloring books are another way to get creative. You may not be the next Picasso, but at least you’ll wind up with a groovy new t-shirt and some fridge decor.
5. Get Creative! If your children are having a hard time staying entertained, try thinking outside the box! A scavenger hunt around the house is an easy way to challenge their minds, get them moving, and keep them occupied for more than 15 minutes. Another engaging activity is gardening - you receive all hands on deck, and they get to play with dirt and worms. Win, win!
6. Cook/Bake. Cooking and baking is another project that the whole family can enjoy together. Involve your children by having them help with simple tasks like mixing, pouring, or decorating. One simple keto-based recipe is our blueberry compote that can be served with a scoop of our ketogenic Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Your kids will love it and you’ll be happy since it’s full of natural, whole ingredients. Helping in the kitchen is a simple way to cure a child’s restlessness while keeping you sane, (because there’s nothing like a kid screaming “I’m bored,” when they can’t leave the house). We got you, parents!
There is no perfect answer to mastering quarantine, and entertainment/self-care can come in all different forms. Some days it may mean challenging yourself to a tough workout, other days it may mean taking up a new hobby like photography or art, and lots of days, it’s going to mean relaxing in your PJs while enjoying a huge bowl of Mammoth Creameries keto ice cream. Whichever you choose, we hope you’re staying safe, healthy, and sane and can look to the light at the end of the tunnel ahead! Can’t wait to hug you all in 2021. ;)
FOLLOW:INSTAGRAM > FACEBOOK >
Can’t find Mammmoth in a retailer near you? You can help us change that!RETAILER REQUEST >